Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Maemo5 - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Maemo5 > Topics

Subject: Welcome :)
Replies: 14 Views: 1502

kevstace 12.11.09 - 09:17am
Thanks for joining my group. I will be updating it with all the latest apps, games and links for the new Nokia N900 linux based smartphone. Feel free to add any of your own links or interesting info on this topic. Thanks :) *

newall 13.11.09 - 10:13pm
I went into a few phone shops on wednesday and asked about the N900 and none of them had any info or release dates on this phone. Hope these dates are correct this phone could actually replace my GP2X WIZ it is that powerfull. *

kevstace 14.11.09 - 07:57am
yeah same for me newall. Phones4u cant give me any info until a day before release, not long now though eh? :) *

newall 15.11.09 - 08:00pm
Still no news on the release of the n900 it is supposed to be tomorrow in the uk.Anyone got any updates? *

newall 16.11.09 - 06:01pm
Just found out that vodafone will not be doing the n900 directly at the moment.You should be able to get it through a 3rd party company on vodafone like carphone warehouse etc.also nokia have said that it will be released sometime this week. *

kevstace 16.11.09 - 09:08pm
guess its time to play the waiting game now then. Im hopefully getting mine thursday (depending if it arrives to phones4u by then). Once ive tested some apps, im thinking of writing some reviews and updating the links with direct downloads. *

kevstace 20.11.09 - 08:08am
phones4u still not got it in yet and still not heard anything as to when or where it will be released on contract, even online? *

newall 23.11.09 - 08:39pm
News is that pre-ordered n900's are shipping today through the nokia website and various other web outlets,but it seems only to purchase and not on contract. A chap at nokia said today that network suppliers may have them in a few days.i checked this out and most of them dont have a clue what an n900 is. How strange... *

kevstace 25.11.09 - 08:01am
ive posted a link of some n900 contract deals on vodafone *

newall 26.11.09 - 01:55pm
Just found out today that Carphone Warehouse have it showing on their coming soon page with a date of December 2010 (which has to be a typo).The Nokia retail website offers for Vodafone are new contracts only and are only available through the web and not the retail outlets. *

gixer750 30.11.09 - 07:11pm
available on contract from mobile phones direct website. Eta of december 3rd. *

newall 17.12.09 - 10:59pm
Just found out vodafone will have it available in jan and carphone warehouse will have it in jan aswell.To make life easier for me i will wait till vodafone get it,it will be a much more simpler process and i will have a little more say on which contract i will get due to the contract i already have with them. Not long now 3 OR 4 weeks to go. Has anyone got 1 already?? *

newall 4.01.10 - 09:20pm
My N900 should be arriving tomorrow or at worst wednesday on vodafone.i'll let you know what my first impressions are. *

newall 9.01.10 - 03:29am
Well got my N900 on thurs lets just say its a great phone but an eye opener regarding installing apps and stuff, being a symbian user for the last 4/5 years its a massive change to move over to maemo but its just a much smoother platform to operate. Its a little alien at first but i'm picking it up. The internet is much faster than other phones that i have used and battery life is great. *

lew15d 8.02.11 - 08:49am
I've just started my own site for the N900 using XtGem to host it. If you want to visit it, click http://is.gd/maemo5 HERE. The site will be updated as much as possible, but there will be a lot to come to your Nokia N900. *

* Maemo5 Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Maemo5

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits